Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sick Baby

Well, Matthew has gotten his first illness on Friday. Just a minor case of conjunctivitis, but he was NOT a comfy baby there for a while. Back to his happy self now though.

I mention it mostly because he got weighed and measured again. 15lbs 8oz, 26inches long. Growing like a weed. We're now on to the 9m clothes, he was 3 months old on Thursday.


Last Friday, Matthew made his first trip the the Seattle Aquarium with Drew, Kate and Ben. Not sure he got a lot out of it, but he did stare at the tropical fish when he wasn't sleeping.


On Saturday we went to the Grandparents to visit Tina, James and Isaac who had come up for a visit. Matthew had a good time.


He especially enjoyed his new sock monkey. Thanks Tina!


Look what they did to poor poppy.


This last Thursday, Jamie took Matthew to the zoo with Elicia, Erica, Ned and Felix.


Jamie decided if he was going to see the Giraffes, he should be dressed like one.




The bubbles are one of his favorite things to do now.


Can you see the look of "Where's my chips?"



A few additional pictures for the fan club.










9 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, my gosh!  He looks like he has grown since we saw him just a few weeks ago.  LOVE the giraffe suit--is that from Aunt Elicia by any chance?  THe sock monkey picture is a winner, too.  Thanks for the update.

Julie said...

What a big boy! And so cute and smiley! I cannot wait to see Mattie soon and am glad he is all better now. When babies are sick, they just give you this sad look. Poor things. They have no idea why they feel so icky and why their mamas cannot make them feel better in an instant like they normally can.

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

Jake and Jamie, I would just like to point out that so far no one is suprised by the fact that Mattie is already standing by himself in that picture. If next week you have a picture of him playing pro basketball I don't think anyone would be that suprised either. Glad he is feeling better. Love to see the pictures, keep em' coming!

PS-Tina, how did you know that was Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan??? :)

Bonnie and Gary said...

As a concerned aunt I am wondering if Matthew is going to be species challenged, from bears to giraffes -- where's the penguin suit?

Ann and Don said...

I noticed that he was standing but I assumed there was a parent off-camera to swoop in if things started to go bad. I think you should do a photo session of Matt in all animal suits that would be perfect--then we can vote for which animal is best and set a theme for the rest of his natural born life.

Jake said...

"I noticed that he was standing but I assumed there was a parent off-camera to swoop in if things started to go bad. "

Nah, we tied him to the bed. :) We're working on an animal outfit montage for you Ann. I finally got a full body sneeze on video, look for that one soon.

Ann and Don said...

There should at least be a rabbit suit montage for Easter

Julie said...

Hey, where are the bunny pictures?

Tina said...

No Easter bunny sited at Matthew's house. He was afraid he would be eaten.