Saturday, August 22, 2009

Updates, more new tricks

I've been terrible about updates lately, I'll try and get back at it as the weather continues to deteriorate into the fall.

No surprise I'm sure that Matthew continues to get bigger, and more active. He's getting close to crawling.





Another of his favorite things is pulling hair, so if you come to visit him lookout! (Look what he's done to mine!)


He's also taken to blowing raspberries at you.



He still loves bathtime, but it's gotten a bit sporting now, since he's figured out that he can reach the faucet and pull himself up to standing.






Every night when taking him out of the tub he reaches up and grabs the curtain rod and tries to hang of if it.


Sitting up has become no problem for him.


You do have to watch out for inherent hazards when playing with strings.



We made it through the "seattle heatwave". 102 and no A/C isn't really fun, especially when trying to get a baby to go to sleep. It got so hot that Matthew was trying to cool down anyway he could.


The heatwave also led to his first pool experience. Luckily he loves the pool.






We got an aquarium membership, so we've gone a few times in the last month. One Friday we went with a friend of mine and his son who turned 1 that day. Matthew and Dylan were fascinated by the fish, and each other.




I need some more pictures of food time, but his diet has expanded quite a bit now, and he has become some what of a veracious eater. I call it the "baby bird pose" head back, mouth open as wide as it will go. He hasn't said any words yet, but when he sits in the high chair, he says "yum yum" I'm pretty sure he thinks that means food.

The current Menu -
Potatoes
Squash
Avocado
oatmeal
blueberries
eggs
(I'm sure there's more, Jamie will fill it in)

Jamie and I went to the dentist last week, they gave Matthew his own toothbrush (it's actually a teether) It's used as a tub toy, I've found it stimulates a lot of drool.


Craig the bear has now become a tackling dummy.


Random pictures -

Look at all those teeth!


Tired boy.


Really Mom?


Matthew doesn't like Binkies, but this one he finds fun to chew on.

8 comments:

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

I like the hanging shot and we had to replay the drool flinging plug a few times! Thanks for the update!

Julie said...

We love the drool flinging binky baby! I don't know how many times the kids and I watched it right now. Jack even learned how to replay it... over and over and over...

Julie said...

Hi again! A little while after reading your blog yesterday I came across a note from Paige, "I love you Babby Mathyou." On the back, she drew a picture of a bumblebee. She doesn't want to send it because Jonah drew some big fingers on the same side as her note, but I thought I would tell you about it anyway...She loves your little guy!

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

I would like to request a video of Mattie using his first words! :)

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

Hi Julie! Did you guys have fun at Northwest Trek? We couldn't believe all the animals we saw!

Julie said...

Hi Elicia!
Yep, we had a wonderful time! I am so glad the animals were still out for you! We posted our trip on our blog. Check it out! - juliemikeand3kids.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Oh, my gosh! I should have looked at these when I was trying to get Great grandpa Virnig to bathe-- I needed something cute to reprogram into my brain. I LOVE the pic of hanging on the shower rod. Everyone in MN is looking forward to meeting Mr. Matthew. Hope he enjoys his first plane ride. Linda and I are hoping to get up to see him in Sept or Oct.

Bonnie and Gary said...

Well he looks almost full grown for a Virnig and you can tell he has all the makings of a macho guy with the chin-ups at the shower bar. If you get a chance to getogether with Arden and Patti, Zach can show him how to do one arm push-ups til the cows come home!