Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Birthday!

I realize I'm over a week late with the Birthday pictures, but here you go.  We had a nice time with a small family party.  I've been trying to teach him to say how old he is, so far I get a finger gesture half way between pointing, and playing guns with his finger.  We'll keep working on it.

Jamie got Matt some excellent balloons or "Booons!".


She also made him a shirt for his first birthday.


Noticing a trend?


Check out the decked out highchair.  Pizza was a big hit.




After Matthew kept trying to steal my mallet or (Toooo!) every chance he got, I figured I'd just get him his own.  So far the house has sustained minimal damage.


And the cake photos!  He played in it, but he was so full of pizza, he didn't eat much.

Cake! from Virnig Family on Vimeo.

I thought a little comparison photo would be a good idea for his first birthday.

This is Matt with Craig the Bear at 3 days old.


And this was on his first birthday.  I wanted a similar shot, but I couldn't get him to sit still long enough.  He just grew a little this year huh?


I have some more from the last week that I'll post later.

4 comments:

Ann and Don said...

That birthday hat will be the death of him once he turns 16 and his girlfriend wants to see his baby pictures! He was pretty clean for birthday cake but it could be that he didn't want to waste any--like cheese and oaties. Thanks for the fun pics!

Tina and Isaac said...

Our baby is ONE!!! Isn't it amazing? If you think that first year went fast, just wait...! Isaac will be a teenager in about 2 months! I agree with Ann--he is not going to thank you for that birthday hat. Besides, he's used to being decked out in animal head wear. Have the cats taken up residence under his high chair yet? It used to be a favorite meal time haunt for our beast. Thanks for the pictures!

Tina said...

OK, so in reviewing the pics I have 2 comments. 1. He'll get you some day for that party hat.
2. I think Craig the Bear is finally trying to lay on HIM for a change or is it a take down before the bell?

Tina said...

Hey, Jake--Happy Birthday! Now, enough of the niceties--where are our new pictures???