He's still a good eater, but we now have the occasional food battle when he decides that he doesn't like something, or that doing something else is more important. He does LOVE his pastas and meat sauce though.
For Grandma Carla's Birthday we went out to eat. Matt had had a rough day that day, so he got to run around the restaurant a bit before dinner arrived. Good thing we chose to go out during the Super Bowl so it was mostly empty.
Last weekend Jamie went to visit her grandparents with Matthew up in Lynden. I had to work, but accounts are Matt had a good time. This is Matt with Grandma Dorthy.
The other day I got a coffee on my way home, and they put these little stickers on it to cover the drinking hole. Matt walked around this way for quite a while before someone was kind enough to take it off.
Today we got to take him to the pool again. Auntie and Jamie have taken him a few times since he turned a year, but I hadn't gotten to take him since last summer. He had a lot of fun, and as a special treat his buddy Grace came swimming too. They had a good time today.
Look at that skinny kid!
Trying to learn to blow bubbles
Having LOTS of fun with Auntie
What?
You guys are kidding right?
Getting ready to jump with Grace
Time to go!
Matthew got a cold about a week ago, and managed to share it with Jamie and I. This has led to Matthew learning some new words.
Booga from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
The weather has been nice here lately, and Matt really likes to get out and go places, even if it's just the grocery store or the driveway. Sometimes he'll walk over to the front door and just say "Go!" Today I took him with me to the grocery store.
Go! from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
Until next time.
4 comments:
So fun to hear him talking!! I like "Shoes...on!" Although Booga is pretty classic baby fare, too. Now let's teach him fart so he can start yelling it in church like you did when you were little, Jake. I hate to think what he is picking up from GranDan, though!
I like that spaghetti face. With that haircut he has definitely transformed from baby to little boy. Pretty soon he will be yelling No! and it won't matter what yu ask him. Have fun!
Ann, it's already begun. He says "NO!" to the most random stuff and shakes his head to run away.
Seriously, does NO! start at 14 months old??? I thought they stayed all sweet and innocent until TWO?!?! Man, this kid might end up in a basket on the front step with a "FREE" sign... wink wink...
Post a Comment