Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Time!

What more is there to say?  It's summer time and it's hot out.  (Finally!) The shaded back deck has been great for a play area, splashing in buckets and playing with the hose.


Check out my Fruit Leather!


The squirt bottle provides a lot of entertainment.  He's finally learned to point it away from himself when squirting.

Look at the big kid having a snack on  the stool!

Drew and I went and got some crab one Saturday and we had a crab feed on the back deck with us and Drew and Kate with Ben and Ty.  Lots of summer time fun.

Are you sure you know how to drive this thing?

Trust me, I know where they keep the food!

Where's my crab legs?

Mmmm.. Crab!

Matt decided Ben looked like he needed a hug.  Ben wasn't so sure.

He thought he could escape hugs by going to the couch.  He was wrong.

In preperation for the San Juans trip (more on this later) Matt and I went over to borrow the inflatable boat from GranDan and get it fixed up.  Matt was very interested in helping to "fix it" the "rubber boat". GranDan was dubious about Matt's rubber boat fixing abilities.

See, we add a bracket here to stiffen the transom.

No, I told you, we need 3/8 bolts back here, not 1/2 inch!

This hole is way to big, I can poke the screwdriver all the way through!

The cats have been relatively safe until lately.  Chicken is, unfortunately, too stupid to just run away, so he get the brunt of it.  We did get Matt some cat toys so he can play with the cats, rather than just chase them and try to squeeze them in the great Virnig tradition of Cat Bagpipes.


Hope everyone is staying cool.

Jake

No comments: