Friday, October 7, 2011

The story...

As some of you know Baby Lily was scheduled for eviction Thursday 10/6.  Obviously that didn't pan out.

On Wednesday, Jamie started to feel what she thought were some Barxton-Hicks contractions around 2:30.   She took a nap, not thinking much of it, but at 4:15 she decided maybe she was going into early labor and called my cell, and Grandma Carla.  Luckily, Grandma answered, my phone was in the locker at  the gym.  Grandma Carla made a dash for our house, arriving around 4:45, which is about what time Jamie's parents managed to reach me.

Unfortunately, I was leaving the gym in everett, which should have been a 1/2 hour drive at most.  Due to traffic I made it home almost exactly at 5:30.  Matt was  running around looking stressed out, so I threw on some Mr. Rogers and gave him a snack.


After talking with Grandma, and looking at Jamie's condition I knew there was no way we were going to make it across the Lake at rush hour, so I called UW Labor and delivery to find out what were our best options.  I got put on hold, and gave up that plan pretty much immediately and called 911.  Jamie's water broke while I was talking with the dispatcher, and the Firemen were there about 5 minutes later.  It's now about 5:45.

The Firefighters did a quick assessment, and the paramedics arrived about  5 minutes after they did.  After another quick check, they determined they would rather deliver on the bed than at the side of the road, and got everything prepped.  Auntie and Uncle saved the day also by showing up somewhere in here and hauling away Matt.

Lily was born at 6:04.  Huge thanks to Medic 35 and Aid 35 for their awesome work!  At that point were were transferred to the hospital.  We've been the talk of the hospital ever since.

Huge appreciation to Jamie, who, while fairly stunned during most of the process powered through like the amazing woman she is!  I also can't thank my family enough for being there to help, especially Grandma Carla for being there help deliver her 2nd Grandchild.

While not exactly the birth plan we had put on paper, in the end everything turned out great.  I'm sure I'll have some more pics to post later, once we get her home.

Jake

Notice the look of shock still on her face in the Ambulance.

Medic 35!

Happy  at the hospital

A little nap

Meeting Baby Sister!

Jake

No comments: