Sunday, June 17, 2012

Have chomper, will travel

Lily's getting bog soo fast.  In less than a month, she went from just barely able to get sitting up, to taking off at a full crawling sprint after big brother's toys.  The kid never stops moving!  And in the last week, she's done the daredevil, "pull myself up on something and then let go to see how long I can stand before I fall down" thing.  Crazy.  

She's been tearing through pretty much any "solid" food we put in front of her, (except the spicy black beans, that was a mistake...) and in the last week, went from no teeth, to 1 upper and 1 lower, with the other two upper and lower getting ready to make an appearance any day now.  

It's pretty fun to watch her and Matt play together, even though it somehow almost always ends in tears she loves that big brother.

Anyway, on to the pictures!

Redneck pack n' Play.

Happy with a full belly!

This is what happens when Auntie is allowed to feed the baby.

"Who Farted?"

Goofy boy!

Working on those crawling muscles.

More fun with the light table

"If I could figure out how to make my legs work, I'd come get you!"

Running around the house in flippers

Helping clean off the deck

Baby Buddha

Remember what I said about playing with brother ending in crying?  How do you think this ends?

3 guesses who's shades those are.

Matt and I took off early on Mothers day weekend and hooked Mommy up with custom donuts.

Working on the great escape

Good thing I had the keys, or they'd be long gone by now.

Baby girl stole my hat!

Matt having fun in GranDan's camper

Working on crawling in the grass

Diggin' clams!

Lily loves the beach.  What kid doesn't love playing in the sand?

The pink hat makes the outfit.

I was making coffee and Matt left his stool out.  I felt a tug on my leg and looked down to see this.

Matt started swimming lessons. The first week he froze his skinny buns off, so we shoved him back into the wetsuit.

Working on that crawlstroke.

We made it out to Long Beach for a few days.  Lots of fun being there, but to and from was less fun.  4 hours is just way too long in the car with these kids.  Had to do something I swore I'd never do, stopped at a walmart and bought an in car DVD player.  After the first quiet 1/2 hour, it was money well spent.
Playing on the beach

Watching the waves come in.

Trouble...

Matt and I went for a walk on the boardwalk before everyone else got up.  Nice to be the only ones out there.

Chasing Poppy...

...and the gulls

Auntie brought a kite that provided lots of entertainment.

Matt found a nice stick and used it to "plow" the beach

Hey, get outta my beer!
 This weekend we went back to the property for a night.  The kids have so much fun down there, it's great.
Going for a stroll...

Somebody's been eating all the M&M's out of the trail mix...

We didn't get enough boating in while we were there, and this morning Matt really wanted to go boating again.  So I dug out an old river floating boat, and we headed out to Cottage Lake for a little boating.  We quickly determined that 2 of us in the boat with a chunk of fence board for a paddle was a recipe for disaster, so I tethered the boat and let Matt splash around for a while.


Happy Fathers Day everybody!




No comments: