Monday, October 22, 2012

Lily's First Birthday

Well, our baby girl is officially one!  She had a great day, and even got to go down and visit the Medic's who helped deliver her, although I think her brother enjoyed the trip to the firehouse more than Lily did.

 Setup for the party

 Lily's 1 year banner, a picture from each month.  Matt has one like it in his room, and now Lily does too!

 Happy girl playing with a chunk of table cloth.

 This is what happens when big brother takes it away.

 Playing with Birthday balloons!

 Opening presents!

Matt HAD to get in on the action.

 Why do we buy kids toys?  The packaging is usually more entertaining.

 Drums!

 Trying on the fireman helmet.

 
Driving the firetruck.

Lily having some fun with the medic who delivered her.

 Three of the guys who were on shift a year ago were around and got to sing Lily happy birthday.

 "Where's my cake?"

"Num!"

"That was delicious, is there more?"

 Auntie and Uncle got Lil an indoor swing.  I went to the hardware store and bought  4" long, high strength bolts to mount it to the ceiling.  Then I opened the box and found the plastic clips it came with.  Think maybe I over engineered it?

So far Matt's gotten more use out of it than Lily, but it's a lot of fun and I'm sure she'll be swinging around the basement in no time.


Swing from Virnig Family on Vimeo.

Happy birthday again to my sweet baby girl.

No comments: