Hanging with Grandma when we got there.
Hanging out in the Bar room.
You'd think we'd have some real toys for him, but no...
Check that hat. That's Cabin Chic for sure.
Saturday we went fishing. Well, Matthew slept, but GranDan and Ned were fishing. Still a really nice day to be out in the mountains.
Seems they caught some beers, not much else.
After Fishing we came back and hung out and watched some movies.
After a few nights of Matthew sleeping poorly, Jamie took him to the doctor today to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or anything. The doctor's reccomendation, he's a 1 year old, he needs more food.
So tonight we began adventures in solids. Tonight was breast milk in rice cereal. The verdict? We'll let you be the judge.
For certain Grandparents who missed the first feeding, we have video -
He's getting much better about tummy time, and occasionally gets up on his knees a little. Mobility can't be too far away. Scary.
Of course, tummy time is tiring.
Hamming it up for mom.
Hmmm, I know dad likes this thing for a reason, but I can't figure it out!
One of Matthews favorite games is bouncing. Enjoy the video - (needs sound)
Jake
7 comments:
I loved this post! The video and pictures of Matthew eating rice cereal were hilarious! And Paige and Jonah loved the bouncy video. "He laughs so cute Mommmy!"-Jonah. Of course I loved it too. I love those giggles!
But what is up with the pediatrician? Matthew is not a 1 year old!!! Yes, it is about time to "introduce" solids, which is about 6 months of age, not 1 year.
Julie, he's 20lbs and 30 inches long, I think the Dr. point was he needs the caloric intake of a 1 year old, and he's getting that of a 6m old. :) Saturday we'll show you some giggling live.
Okay...That makes sense. Although I do wonder about the truth in it. I will explain what I mean on Saturday after I get the live giggle show.
Watching these videos before bed makes you go to bed with a smile! He continues to impress and delight us everyday! Do we have some videos yet of more favored foods? I am a believer in the yellow and orange foods. He seemed to be a fan of french fries the other day too!
Matthew is clearly demonstrating his Virnig aunts and uncles visceral reaction to 'wet'cereals -especially the video with the gag reflex - it still happens to me anytime I am forced to consider oatmeal in the food category.
GranDan has been known to refer to Oatmeal simply as "poor food".I think Matthew agrees.
Isaac had that exact reaction to rice cereal. I remember thinking, OH, Boy! It's time! What a big treat this will be! And waht we got was spitting, spewing, and crying like he was being tortured. Matthew looks like he likes the belt on his high chair more. I bet he'll take to fruits just fine. If you want to see real gagging, buy some of that pureed meat baby food...have the camera ready... not for the baby, heavens, don't give him that stuff!...for the parents as they look at it and sniff it.
Post a Comment