Thursday, June 18, 2009

New tricks!

Well, Matthews got a few new tricks to showcase. As we tried to show last time, he's got one tooth on the lower jaw. I got a better picture this time. There are several trick with the new tooth, all of them painful to the parents.

He's also gotten much more vocal, we'll try and get some good chirping video for next time.

Matthew got his first (very tiny) bite of solids, it was a chunk of Dad's banana. He didn't really know what to think, but in his tradition of not wasting food, it didn't come back out.


Matthew has learned to sit up. If he's focused on what's in front of him, he can sit like this for a while, but if he gets excited, or turns to look at something, he's going down.


Last but not least, the first injury. You'd think he cut his toe off by the size of the bandage, but it was barely a scrap from kicking the floor after too much time in the pool.


Last week Matthew was getting cranky one day, but he didn't want to sleep. So I put him in my lap and bounced him on the ball for a while. He started sliding down, then, he tipped over, then his eyes closed. Witness, the passed out baby.


On Thursday Grandpa, Grandma and Ann came over for dinner, Matthew had a good time.


Where's my food?


Ahhhh.. Tickle Torture!


Grandma's silly.


While I was diving this last weekend Jamie took Matthew to woodland park zoo with Grandpa for his Fathers day time with Matt. Looks like they had fun!

Hanging with Auntie Ann -


Grandpa, look at those silly swimming birds!


Grandma keeping him entertained!



Look at those little feet! (no comments about my ugly dogs)




4 comments:

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

It's amazing! he just get's cuter!

Julie said...

I LOVE that first picture showing off his first tooth! And ditto what Elicia said. Matthew is sooooo cute!

Tina said...

Happy First Father's Day, Jake! Hope Matthew doesn't take too big a chomp out of you. I love all the smiling pictures. We'll have to head up this summer to go boating with you guys.

Ann and Don said...

Happy Father's Day--cute pictures but I expect you to keep him a baby until you get to Minnesota!