Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Midwest Vacation Part 1 (Iowa)

Well, Saturday Matthew, Jamie and I returned from 10 days in the midwest. We woke up at a ridiculously early hour to get to seatac to catch a 7:30am flight. Matthew did well getting up and getting to the airport, Jamie thinks he knew he was going on an adventure.

While we were waiting to board, Matthew got his new toy for the airplane ride.


He did well on the flight, when he wasn't sleeping he was pretty happy.

Hmmm, wonder what's so fascinating?


Passed out


Dad can't read cause his book is being used as a pillow.


We flew in to Minneapolis, then drove down to Whittemore Iowa to spend a few days with Jamie's family. Matthew took to the new relatives rather quickly, tackling his cousin Brady.



We had a pretty good time, everybody was laid back, enjoying family. Matthew got to hang out with lots of relatives.

Having fun with Great Grandpa


Chillin' with Great Grandma


Concentrating on playing with Josie


Working on his chewy with Mary


More chewy time with Beth. (I seem to have a lot of pictures with the chewy)


Trying not to get smooched by Bridgett.


All the playing left peolpe a little tired. There were a lot of naps.


I just laughed at the baby in the "Ladies Man" shirt, being pushed an the pink and purple trike with tassles by his Grandma.


The main reason we went to Iowa was for Great Grandpa's 80th birthday, and Great Grandpa and Grandma's 55th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!



Tuesday we left Iowa headed back to Minnesota to meet up with my family for a few days.

Many thanks to Mike and Beth for giving us a great place to stay and feeding us so much we have to go on diets now that we're back.

Matthew looking cool on the road to Minnesota.


To be continued...

5 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you all had fun! I probably would have offended that baby in the lady's man shirt by laughing at it so hard. Funny!

Shannon said...

I absolutely loved both the tryke and sunglasses photos. My Godson hated to wear sunglasses, so I always made a big "thumbs up" sign and yelled "woo hoo, look at those cool dudes!" He called sunglasses "cool dudes" for the longest time! :-)

Ann and Don said...

Jake--i am following your blog--do not give up! Where are the MN pictures? Ann

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

We have been checking the blog daily too!! Anxiously awaiting seeing all we missed with the Mattie Mouse in MN!

Ann and Don said...

At the minimum I would expect video of the hulk routine--I think that is the best! Ann