Yep, he's walking. He went from a few unsteady steps to walking halfway across the living room without thinking about it in around a week. It's hard to catch good video though, he has a tendency to still get frustrated and revert to the crawl. The first clip in the video was the night he first got it figured out.
1st Walking from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
He's become rather a chatterbox lately too. Jamie counted 24 "words" that he says last night. By far the most frequently heard words are Mama, Dada, and Cool, although Dada seems to be the generic phrase for me, needing a diaper change, or whatever else he doesn't have a word for. Jamie got out the little Sesame Street steering wheel that we've had for a while now, and he's been having a blast with it, it's apparently "Coooolll". (There is unfortunately no volume control).
Vroom walking from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
He remains an excellent eater. Thanks to Isaac for customizing the lyrics to "Sittin' in my Highchair"
1st Walking from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
He's become rather a chatterbox lately too. Jamie counted 24 "words" that he says last night. By far the most frequently heard words are Mama, Dada, and Cool, although Dada seems to be the generic phrase for me, needing a diaper change, or whatever else he doesn't have a word for. Jamie got out the little Sesame Street steering wheel that we've had for a while now, and he's been having a blast with it, it's apparently "Coooolll". (There is unfortunately no volume control).
Vroom walking from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
He remains an excellent eater. Thanks to Isaac for customizing the lyrics to "Sittin' in my Highchair"
Chorus Sitting in my high chair, big chair, my chair,
Sitting in my high chair feeding the cat.
1. Bring on the cheddar, bring on the O's
All the food is stuck to my nose.
Gobble up the cheese and wait for more
Oh, the O's are all o'er the floor!
2. Bring on spaghetti, bits of bread,
There is sauce all o'er my head.
I'm so hungry that Daddy said,
"We can't get this baby fed!"
On my pants my sauce I lost
I'm so big, yet Momma said,
"Yes, we'll get this baby fed!"
4. I am full and now I'm done
Over hunger I have won
Now to my toy rack I will dash
To see my cardboard blocks go crash.
Jamie gave him 3/4 of a banana the other day. As you'll see banana is very popular. He did finish it, despite the fact that the camera battery died close to the end.
The other new favorite thing is pointing. At Mom, at the cats, at the toys, at the ceiling in general.
We went to the holiday lights display at the botanical gardens in Bellevue with Drew, Kate and Ben the other night. It was raining a little, but that helped with the crowds.
For the midwest family -
And more pointing.
It's been cold here for the lately, (not midwest cold, but in the teens) so Matt has been getting bundled a lot. Some days he tolerates it better than others.
I haven't forgotten about Ann's request for crawling video. He's not sure footed enough yet that he doesn't enjoy a good speed crawl around the living room. Enjoy.
Crawling machine from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
I'm sure I'll have LOTS of stuff after Chritmas and New Years, and I'll try and get it posted before Easter. Have a good one everybody.
Jake
3 comments:
Oh, man!! I have been checking the site each day for updates, and I was richly rewarded today! What a GREAT series of pics and video. I loved the walking stuff, but I have to admit, the banana consumption video and the crawling video were extraordinary. I think you should submit the banana video to chiquita--maybe they will use it in marketing. Have a wonderful Christmas--it will be magical!
Tina - THANKS for the lion hat and mittens... be watchful for pics! TOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo cute! (We stuff Chicken in the hat to entertain Matt, and we have pics... hilarious!) We haven't opened the gift from Isaac, it's under the tree for Christmas. :-) Exciting! THANK YOU!
p.s. His words: (for those of you wondering) cat (kah), kitty cat (key-kah), meow, dog (dough-dough-g), woof, night night (nigh-nigh), tub time (tuh-tuh), cool, dude, tool, crash (caaash), bub, poop, eeewwww, mama, dada, home (ohm), water (wah-wah), cheese (eeez), up, down, tree (two), vroom, food (num-num). Makes you really aware of what you say... YIKES!
Wow--good video and perfect crawling
video. Have a merry christmas! Ann
Post a Comment