Blame Jamie the slave driver, she's had me out in the yard building fences instead of writing blog posts! I have a lot to cover, and my memory is not so good, so you're all just going to have to follow along with my "stream of consciousness" blog post.
Hard to believe it's been a month since Easter already. Matt continues to improve his verbal skills at an astonishing rate. As further evidence of Jamie's slave driving, the other day Matt woke up, and Jamie told him I was outside. Very matter-of-fact he simply said "Diggin".
He is also getting to be quite the helper. He will routinely pick stuff up off the ground and take it over to the the trash stating "Garbah!". The other day I had him in the garage with me while I was working and he started picking stuff off the floor "Dirty. Garbah." I blame Jamie. He does do a good job of helping the yard, with "Weedin'".
Helping with putting on baby locks to keep him out of some drawers. He has to have his own tool all the time.
We have also found some time for fun. We managed to get the boat out, Matt did a good job of driving, when he wasn't spacing out from the motor vibration and the waves.
This is safer than it looks, and he LOVES Wagon rides.
He seems to watch everything we do. The other day he picked up my keys, and was trying to get in the car. I'm pretty sure he was after his wagon.
We spent some time with all the grandparents, Matt has gotten to go see the Johnson's puppies a few times. Jamie is bad about taking the camera however, but we do have one of Matt lounging with GranDan.
GranDan also taught him the "Get 'em" game with poppy. Not sure who 'em is but they had a lot of fun.
Get 'em from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
Thanks to Auntie Tina for the cool summertime hats!
Auntie got this for him, the monkey tail is a leash.
He's incredibly mobile, and with as tall as he is, very little is safe. Mommy left her phone a little to close to the edge of the table.
Phone from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
He made it down the stairs and was playing with the catdoor. I hear from the kitchen "Help!"
He has gotten really good at opening doors.
Doors from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
On Mothers day Matt got a haircut after breakfast, it was getting rather long and shaggy.
Special note: When cutting the babies hair after french toast breakfast, it's a good idea to wipe them up first. Check out the beard.
After haircut and nap we made the rounds to the grandparents, first a quick visit to the Johnson's to visit and see puppies, then off to the Cougar Mountain zoo to see the Virnig clan.
Matt got to throw some apples to the reindeer, but his throw wasn't quite powereful enough to get all the way to the pen.
Luckily, reindeer are resourceful.
They had some regular deer that you could get closer to. Matt had a GREAT time feeding them apples.
After that we headed to the park, where auntie 'lecia broke out the baby quad. He figured this thing out in about 3 seconds, and was OFF!
Quad Ride from Virnig Family on Vimeo.
This was my chair. When I got up to flip the chicken on the grill. I hear "Daddy's!". Sneaky little booger stole my chair.
Just a matter of months before he's buying toys online.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers day!
Jake
5 comments:
So, for those discerning few looking at Matt feeding the "deer" thinking, um, that's not a deer... nope, it's an Alpaca! He loved feeding both the Alpacas and the deer... they were so gentle. He laughed a lot and said, "Tickle". Thanks Uncle Ryan for feeding the food dispenser so Matt could feed his obsession...
YEAH! I kove the new pics and video! Thanks for putting it up!
Very Cute! Isaac has been checking regularly for updates, and squealed, "New Mtthew pics!" the other day. He also informed me that we need to take a trip to Seattle so we can see you guys. I agree...when school is out.
Is that a superman outfit--maybe that was genetic
Yup, it was a superman outfit! I found it at goodwill for $3! Had to have it... it's actually jammies, but we view anything that fits as fair game for daily attire. :-)
Post a Comment