Matt had a absolute blast with everybody, and got to have a lot of fun playing in the sand. Though he wasn't quite so sure about the temperature of the pacific ocean, he did get his feet wet a few times.
Sand is cool!
Runnin'
I like the beach!
Hanging out on Proposal Rock. We crawled through a hole in the rocks to watch the waves up close.
Tina and Isaac helping Matt do some digging.
Collecting treasures
Matt spent about 2 hours here making sand "mud pies"
The pie maker
Walking with GranDan
GranDan and Cousin Isaac making sure he didn't get too close to the water.
Making sure Auntie and Uncle made it safely back to the house.
Matt had a lot of fun with Auntie Tina and Cousin Isaac. Feeding the gulls the leftover garlic bread from the night before was a good way to torture the annoying shorebirds. I'm guessing several will die prematurely just from the amount of salt in that single meal.
The house we were staying at had a cool row boat rocker that Matt enjoyed playing in. Surprisingly he never fell out.
Don't strain yourself Isaac, he's heavy!
That's better.
I wonder what Isaac did, but I'm sure he deserved a little "Baby Smackdown". Isaac did learn quickly the #1 rule of wrestling with toddlers. Cover your crotch!
Note Isaac's crotch protective posture later in the trip.
Uncle James was showing GranDan something on his smartphone. Matt just heard "phone" and had to go check it out.

Even with all those people there Matt made sure to spend some quality time with Grandma. I like the mischievous look on his face here.

Matt's first sucker. It didn't last long before it bit the dust on the deck (I think the raccoons at it on their nightly visit)
Of course at a Virnig family party, a cow had to make an appearance. This time it was a pinata.
Matt participating in the great Virnig cow stomping tradition.
I think Auntie Tina had some fun shopping for party decorations. The "nose cups" were pretty funny, especially since this one looked exactly like Ben's nose.

Getting ready to leave, Matt did some dancing with Auntie Tina.
Anything to keep a toddler entertained on a 7 hour car ride. Luckily one the way home he slept for a while.
This isn't a picture from the ocean, but the story begins there. At home I normally wake up once a night to go give Matt a drink from his water bottle. One of the nights at the ocean Jamie heard Matt moving around at night. She watched him lean out of his pack and play, reach down, and grab his water bottle. He took a few sips, put the bottle back and went back to sleep.
These water bottles tend to leak a little, so we'd rather not just leave one in his crib, but I prefer to sleep though the night, so we got creative. We call this the baby Hamster bottle. Matt now asks to be put in his crib to take a drink, and he hasn't been waking us up at night for water.
The baby hamster bottle.
I didn't mention everybody who came to the ocean with us, but to everybody who was there thanks so much for inviting us and making Matt's first trip to the ocean so much fun!
Jake
3 comments:
Awesome pics! We miss Matt (and you guys, too, of course.) Have you checked out Leah's facebook page? She's got some fun pics, too!
We saw Leah's pics, very cool. I have some video of Terry attacking the pinata, but decided to spare the rest of the world the visual of Terry in a Toga.
Matthew, you were so fun! I wish we could see you more often!
You should add a video of "Boomin'" on the bed to the blog. That was so funny.
Post a Comment