Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tulips and Trucks

Yesterday Matt, Jamie and I headed out early to go up to La Conner to meet with Grandma GranDan, Auntie and Uncle Ryan to see the tulips, then go over to the PACCAR open house to see the big trucks.  Matt was suitably impressed with both events, but I think the highlight was getting to "drive" the big trucks.

They woke me up too early!

Breakfast on the go!

He kind of looks like a garden gnome here.

Checking out the tulips

Ridin' the frog.

Grandma got dragged around a LOT at the tulips.

I asked him to pose.  This was the result.

Hang time with GranDan and Uncle.

These guys were smoothing out the parking lot and were kind enough to let Matt have a turn.  I think this was his favorite part of the tulip farm.

And on to the big trucks!

Who's that kid?

Checking out the logging truck.

What's up there?

Driving the fire truck.  I'm kind of surprised he didn't figure out how to get the siren going.

Guys this hat is cool and all, but it's kinda chocking me!

Driving the big truck!

Spinning the free wheel.

Grandma holding him back from getting in the "Matty sized" truck.

An excellent place to stop for a snack break.

I'm not sure we were supposed to get in this one, but nobody stopped us.

1 comment:

Ann and Don said...

I love those tulips! You could have put Matt right in the middle.