I need some math help. How does a 50% increase in family size correlate to a 500% increase in the amount of laundry we seem to have done over the last week and a half? And his clothes are small....
We have a loaned swing that holds his carseat, he's still not so sure about it.
Look at how small those hands are!
He had a rather cranky day this morning, but seems to have gotten over it. Milk and sleep do wonders for a baby's disposition.
I know! I think I remember doing 2 loads of laundry per week before kids (1 light color and 1 dark color). Then the kiddos came along and I am doing at least 1, but usually 2 loads per day. 2 loads = 2 people per week so 3 (or 4 if you are doing 2 dark and 2 light loads) loads should be fine for 3, as far as the math goes. But you have to figure in the fact that spit-up and pee and poo not only get on the baby's clothes, but also your clothes, towels, blankets, sheets, and everything else, plus it gets on whatever you use to clean it off of other stuff. I need to get over there to visit and hold Matthew again soon! I miss him.
Jake, Jake, Jake... in your math calculations, you forgot to factor in that the household didn't just increase by 50%, but the increase was actually inversely exponential to the size of the increasee. Re-do your calculations, based on the area of Matthew's hand incomparison to your thumb, and you'll see how this all works out. Or you can just sigh, suck it up, and throw in another load! Tina
As for the increase in laundry, it is possible that Auntie may have attempted to put more than one outfit on him at once..... however I blame it on the fact that there are too many cute fluffy clothes to put on him and we know he will only fit in them for another week. Nah, I am sure that has nothing to do with it :) Hmmmm...where could he have gotten Gene's for, "if you don't feed me right now there's going to be crankiness"? :) just kidding! He's just practicing up preparing for future Virnig family reunions where he'll need to be vocal in order to get his share. Thanks for the Dr. office advice, Uncle Ryan now has an EpiPen and I am eagerly staring at him while he eats waiting for the opportunity to jab him with it until we find out what he is allergic too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIME! And Daddy Jake's is right around the corner, too.
I love the birth announcement picture--very sweet. We just got it today.
I'm really enjoying the blog pics, too. I'm guessing Ann is the one that sent the anonymous note--she loves babies in animal outfits, and she probably was just figuring out how to send...I almost used that method too until I figured out the whole "code word" thing!
12 comments:
I know! I think I remember doing 2 loads of laundry per week before kids (1 light color and 1 dark color). Then the kiddos came along and I am doing at least 1, but usually 2 loads per day.
2 loads = 2 people per week so 3 (or 4 if you are doing 2 dark and 2 light loads) loads should be fine for 3, as far as the math goes. But you have to figure in the fact that spit-up and pee and poo not only get on the baby's clothes, but also your clothes, towels, blankets, sheets, and everything else, plus it gets on whatever you use to clean it off of other stuff.
I need to get over there to visit and hold Matthew again soon! I miss him.
Jake, Jake, Jake... in your math calculations, you forgot to factor in that the household didn't just increase by 50%, but the increase was actually inversely exponential to the size of the increasee. Re-do your calculations, based on the area of Matthew's hand incomparison to your thumb, and you'll see how this all works out. Or you can just sigh, suck it up, and throw in another load! Tina
As for the increase in laundry, it is possible that Auntie may have attempted to put more than one outfit on him at once..... however I blame it on the fact that there are too many cute fluffy clothes to put on him and we know he will only fit in them for another week. Nah, I am sure that has nothing to do with it :) Hmmmm...where could he have gotten Gene's for, "if you don't feed me right now there's going to be crankiness"? :) just kidding! He's just practicing up preparing for future Virnig family reunions where he'll need to be vocal in order to get his share. Thanks for the Dr. office advice, Uncle Ryan now has an EpiPen and I am eagerly staring at him while he eats waiting for the opportunity to jab him with it until we find out what he is allergic too.
Happy Birthday to the first mom of this generation of Virnig's today. It's Jamie's Bday.
I think this kid needs more animal outfits--take lots of pictures cause I love babies in animal outfits
Happy Birthday Jamie!
Hey Ann finally figured it out!
Who's posting anonymously?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIME! And Daddy Jake's is right around the corner, too.
I love the birth announcement picture--very sweet. We just got it today.
I'm really enjoying the blog pics, too. I'm guessing Ann is the one that sent the anonymous note--she loves babies in animal outfits, and she probably was just figuring out how to send...I almost used that method too until I figured out the whole "code word" thing!
Love, Tina
I admit I sent the anonymous note only because I hadn't quite figured out how to post
Ok here is my first attempt -- Happy belated birthday Jaimee. I love the bear outfit, especially the little bear pads on the bottoms of his feet.
Ann, just wanted to make sure we didn't have a creepy stranger with a babies in animal outfits thing hanging around. As long as it's family..... :)
It's a good thing somebody likes the bear suit, he sure doesn't. It's a 3 month suit, I think he's outgrown it already.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!!!!! I would like to second the need for more papoose pics! :) Love you guys lots!
Post a Comment