Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Teeth are Sharp!

Yesterday was Matt's 5 month birthday, and holy cow is he getting big. He hasn't been sleeping real well the last week or so, and he has been a little crankier than his usual self.

Saturday morning, he was sitting on my lap, and went to do his usual game of "chew on Dad's hand" I know it doesn't sound exciting, but he seemed to like it. That game came to a rapid halt when I felt the sharp little lower tooth digging into my palm. Too bad, game OVER.

We haven't managed to get the photographic confirmation yet, but don't worry, it's coming. This is the best we could get.


Ned, Elicia and Ryan helped us take the boat out for a little shakedown cruise on Lake Washington. Matthew likes to cruise.




As usual, boating wears him out a bit. Nothing like sleeping on the boat.


We lucked out and got two nice weekend days to be out. (Mt Rainer)


After boating we went back home for a little play in the baby pool, and BBQ.


Playing in the baby pool -






Crashing out on uncle Ryan. Pool time is rough.


Somebody tossed him on Ned. Ned apparently was afraid Matthew was gonna bite him, but he thought it was pretty funny.


Hanging out with Auntie! Ahh... comfy.


We also got to attend our buddy Jack Tull's second birthday. I managed to get a shot with all the kids at once. Jonah came over to say hello.


Matthew and Jack checking each other out and having a good time.


Before we got the super cool pool from Auntie, we used the Turtle as a pool. Matthew had fun, and note Jamie's shadow... worried he'd tip over I'm thinking!


After pool time, he fell asleep in my lap while we were eating. Passed O U T... out!


Matthew is getting much better at the tummy time and is working hard at the rolling over thing.



He has a new favorite toy to, he LOVES the orca whale. It is now crusty with baby slobber.


Jamie, Matthew, Kate and Ben went to Farrel Mcwhirter Park last week to look at the baby piglets and farm animals.



We had another baby animal in the backyard on Sunday.


Jamie just liked this outfit, I wonder why?


I'll try and post a little more often, events kind of blurred together on me from the last few weeks.


Jake





5 comments:

Tina said...

Yay! Some updated Matthew pictures. What a smiler. I heard Seattle had gotten kind of warm the last few weeks. I'm a little relieved. I was afraid all those summer clothes he got at the shower were going to be too small by the time the warm weather hit. At least they got one good wearing. Now, fill that sand box with sand and let's see some good dirt eating!
Love, Tina

Ann and Don said...

The next set of pictures should include Jake with a bandaged hand--you could use ketchup to gore it up and then rub a little around Matthew's mouth. Baby teeth already!! and that fawn dared to come into the backyard of this budding carnivore. I loved the suit he was wearing while on Ned--now we need more animal outfits before he grows anymore! Love, Ann

Julie said...

I was so happy to see new pictures of Matthew! I love the pictures of him so happy or sleeping on the boat and ofcourse I loved the picture of him with Jack. It was so nice having you all over here. And cute little deer. We have one that likes our yard, but I don't find him that cute. He has eaten our roses, apple trees, dogwoods and strawberries... and he isn't afraid of us at all. He'll just keep crunching away while the kids play on the swings.

Julie said...

Just wanted to add that baby teeth definitely feel sharper on nipples! Sorry about your poor finger though. Don't worry though Jamie. I don't think Paige or Jack (well, maybe Jack did...)ever bit me and Jonah bit me once. He was around a year and I bopped him on the head right when he bit. He said "uh-oh" and never did it again. Not that I am advocating you bop your child on the head.

Bonnie and Gary said...

I like the Ned-Matthew pic. Its pretty obvious that Matthew knew who was in control of the situation and delighted in the idea of being able to have an adult play the ventriloquis 'dummy' for a change.