Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas!

Our Christmas this year was in stages.  We had a Christmas dinner with Ann and the Johnson's the weekend before Christmas so that Ann could see Matt before flying out to Iowa.

Then on Christmas eve we met with the Johnsons again for dinner, then off to see the Chang/Dawson clan and Virnigs.  We got up the next morning and went to church, then to Denny's for breakfast.  Matthew loves pancake puppies (deep fried pancake batter, yeah, healthy right?) Then to Grandma and GranDan's to open presents.

Jamie and I did our Christmas with Matthew when we got home.  While he likes some of the stuff we got him, I think the stuff he got from others he's liked best.  I just made a slide show this time.  Enjoy.


Matthew's 1st Christmas from Virnig Family on Vimeo.

This video has floated around work for a while.  I sent it to Jamie a few months ago as a joke, thinking I was being funny.


But then the other day, this happened....




Off to the cabin for some sledding fun!

8 comments:

Tina said...

What a Christmas! I want to come up and play with Matt's new toys. Dan sent "The Knack" video to me a few years ago re: Isaac. I told you Matt was a lot like his cousin at that age....!

Ann and Don said...

I love that airplane--I would fly with Matt anytime! Looks like it was a successful Christmas--what was that egg chair thing?

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

Mattie is getting so smart! thanks for sharing him with us over the holiday!

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

more videos please!

gary and bonne said...

Wow christmas has come and gone already. I am signing in with a Happy FIRST Birthday Matt.
I am impressed with your ability to now hold something in each hand and take a few steps too!!
that egg thing and the airplane make me wish I was celebrating my first birthday.

Ann and Don said...

So where is the birthday party pictures and video of baby smeared with birthday cake--the way this kid eats I doubt he will smear the cake around--he will probably not want to waste a crumb! Happy Birthday Matt!

Jake said...

Anne, we try not to feed him cake at breakfast. It seems to ruin his apatite for donuts. I'm sure we'll have some baby smeared in cake photo's after the birthday party this evening.