Sunday, January 18, 2009

No More Umbilical!

Well, the nasty ol' umbilical stump has now fallen off. Went to change the diaper and there it was stuck to the inside of his shirt. None too soon either, that thing was kind of gross.

Jamie gave him a bath today, he was starting to get a little crusty. He looks like he's about to melt down, but he actually doesn't mind the scrub down. Note the lack of stump and frog belly.




















He did NOT enjoy his visit to the doctor, getting stripped downed and poked and prodded is apparently not Baby Matt's idea of a good time. I think that's the most I've heard him scream ever.

Kate and Karen brought us dinner friday night to trade for time holding the baby. Thanks again for the sandwiches!



















Saturday night the whole Virnig clan showed up (Sorry Ryan, but with the way you drink beer you're getting lumped in.)

Staring contest with GranDan. This is one of Matthew's favorite activities, and he's getting pretty good at it.















Checkin' out Uncle Ryan.



















More of Matthew's favorite activity, sleeping on people.














Jamie let him sleep on her for a while the other night, and when she got up his feet just stayed like this. He likes them all tucked up.



















Today we took advantage of the rare summer sun and went to the park to take Matthew for a walk using the sling for the first time. He seems to like the sling, but I don't know if he likes the sun.















Finally some Craig the Bear pics again. I've been told to note that Craig is rather large, about 24" tall. We learned tonight that putting Matthew down on Craig when he's hungry results in Matthew trying to take a bite out of him. Lesson learned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful! What a doll. We're thinking we might make a trip up north during spring break so we can check this guy out! Love, Tina

Julie said...

I love all those pictures! Jamie you are a master sling wearer. I could never manage to put my newborns in the sling. I would put them in and they just disappeared into the fabric and they didn't like that. Lots of screaming...

Anonymous said...

"I would put them in and they just disappeared into the fabric and they didn't like that. Lots of screaming..."

That's because your kids were such runts. :)

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

The papoose is addictive! I miss him already and got to snuggle him just a few hours ago.