Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well it's started...

Today I got a phone call around 10:00. "YOUR son decided he doesn't like diapers anymore." Apparently Matthew decided to make a habit today of waiting until the diaper is off to do his business. Hmm... Now this is noteworthy mainly because last night I said something like "Pass me my boy." and was promptly informed that he was OUR boy. But this morning when he's soiling everything in site and leaving clean diapers, he's MY son. Yep, it's started....

Luckily he remains cute most of the time, and decided to make up with Mommy in order to get fed and a comfy spot for a nap.














Judging from some of the diapers that have been seen around here lately I just thought the name was too fitting.














Matthew continues to grow. I think he eats from about 5:00 to 10:00 straight. This is what we call Milk Drunk. He basically falls off the tap and goes completely limp.














Sunday, we got this when looking outside. I've about had it with snow this year. At least it mostly melted quickly.














Finally last Saturday's Craig the Bear picture. At the current rate of milk consumption, he'll have outgrown Craig by 3 months. Enjoy the rest of the week!



















Jake

16 comments:

Donald and Ann said...

I like milk drunk--that is a great shot. He still isn't full since he still fits in his jammies.

Julie said...

That's funny! Hopefully the little stinker only peed everywhere. Baby-poo stains everything in an instant!
I love the picture of Matthew milk-drunk. I have pictures of Paige the same way, although they had less of an effect. Since she was smaller, she didn't look quite so full!

Julie said...

I just looked back at your post. You said "soiled," so you must mean poo... Ooooh! Messy messy boy! Thankfully you don't have carpet!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I just talked to Tina and Isaac wants to come up over spring break and start teaching Matthew some elementary Math. Maybe some long division and exponentiation.

Anonymous said...

I think Matthew likes diapers just fine--he just doesn't want to be in a wet one, so he shoots off to empty so he can be in a nice dry one. We hope to come up and see him at the end of March, so plump him up for us, OK?

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

It looks like Mattie might have lunch plans with Craig the bear!

Donald and Ann said...

Heck this kid is already potty-trained! He doesn't poop or pee in his pants! What are you complaining about?!! Just remember it is all prespective.

Mike said...

hehehe

Don't worry Jake, he will be Jamie's son when he is still getting up in the middle of the night a year from now.

Anonymous said...

Milk-drunk -- perfect!

Donald and Ann said...

Happy Birthday Carla!

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Hope you guys enjoyed your quiet family time :)

Donald and Ann said...

Speaking of Jake--it is your birthday soon but for the life of me I can't remember which day. When you get to be my age you look more for a target time frame then an exact date. Any way--have a Happy Birthday!

Auntie Elicia and Uncle Ryan said...

Jakes Birthday is on the 1st of February and Mom's is on the 2nd. I just wrote it in on the wrong day! oops! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come no new pictures? Did he grow a beard or something? Not fit in a picture frame anymore? Outgrow all his cute outfits so he has to wear an old sheet as a toga? Or is new parent fatigue sucking your brains dry? GranDan, stop drinking beer, get your butt over there, and do some baby holding so the new parents can rest! By the way, how is Poppy taking the new intruder? How about the cat? When Isaac was about 3 or 4 weeks old, our old, previously docile, cat finally let us know what he thought by jumping on the bed and spraying! Needless to say, he became an outdoor cat, until he learned to behave. After that, Isaac could roll on him, pull his tail, and basically make his life a living hell and George knew he just had to take it. Remember this bit of pet training wisdom for later.

Anonymous said...

Sorry folks, between work, baby being needy during the day, internet at home going down, and general hecticness of having a newborn around I have been lax in my responsibilities to the people. I will put up some pics tonight.

Tina we banished the cats to the unfinished basement when we left for the hospital, and they have not been out yet. So far nothing has been sprayed. They will have to be let out soon.

Jake

Anonymous said...

Needing a Matthew fix.No pictures my friends in a long while. What does he weigh now anyway???? How much is he loving the world? How are the days when Dad is off at work? Really we want to know!
Kiss his toes for me please,
Marie